10.30.2011

ARTE - Warli - My first


Write your own diary or Paint.. its the same, You are weaving your thoughts. Warli Tribes did the same too. They are the Indigenous people who live in and around Nasik and parts of Gujrat. They use a high vocabulary of Graphics, comprising of circles, triangles and squares: shapes derived from nature, and have been essentially wall paintings.

Warli Painting..hmm.. I always have marveled at it. Simple, yet soo intense, showing human and human interaction with the nature around. I could never get to it, till my friend, Ms.Megha Viswanath, came up with NeoWarli - adding her own funky touch to her everyday thoughts and depicting the same in a Contemporary Warli Ishtyle.
I would highly recommend you to visit http://www.neowarli.com/
Then, being highly inspired by it, I gave myself a first chance.
As Edgar Degas(A French Artist) puts it 'Art is easy when you don't know how, but very difficult when you do' :-)

No comments: