11.20.2011

PENNED DOWN : A day in the woods!


Another bright day,
Came by my way, 
Walking along the melodious woods
Strolling by the quiescent waters
Nature draped me with her grace
Cheeks painted a smile on my face. 

My mellow spirit, wanted to spend many an hour
My frantic mind wanted to unwind here
The autumn lady had arrived finally
She gave everything a good red and a carroty smear. 

A gentle cuckoo had perched above
Sang a song, with my every cooing Wow
The flowers danced with grace 
The serene wind blew, gave her a chase. 
The butterly fluttered, flaunting her painted body
She was all dyed, greens and blue, glitzy and gaudy. 

My walk ended in the wood
Departed with those memories etched in gold
The warm sunshine outside greeted me 
turning a blind eye and Craving for sanity
I walked away from the glorious life
Trying to ignore the appalling certainty 
Divya Hegde

No comments: