4.22.2012

FOOD : Accompany Me!! : Potato Fry

Hello All,
Has been a while that I penned down anything for myself.

What I have is a very very simple Potato fry. Its really easy and simply deleeeiiiisshhhh... It is the simplest potato dish that I can think of, and is a perfect accompaniment for Curd Rice and Dal and rice as well. Try it  and I swear You will be stir frying this, over and over again.
All you need is/are
Baby Potatoes - I take around 15-16 for 2 people
Garlic Pods - 10-12 - Crushed  Coarsely
Chili Powder
Haldi,
Salt
Curryleaves/Dry Chillies are an option

Cook the potatoes in a pressure pan and peel the skin and keep aside.
In a pan with oil, Throw in the garlic and reduce heat. The garlic at the end of it should be brown and crisp. At this stage, add turmeric, chili powder (curry leaves and dry chillies if you like it-In the picture attached, you will see I have added it. But I dont do it always). Throw in the potatoes and mix till it gets coated with the masala. Add Salt and give it another good mix. Now raise the heat and let the potatoes get crisp. Keep turning over the potatoes and let it be on that side till slightly crisp. Once you think its done, Garnish with coriander leaves.
That's it!!! Gorgeeee

No comments: